Video clip Score: three / 5
Video clip Rating: five / 5
A fact of the matter is that most cats do not require bathing at all. Cats have their own natural way of cleaning themselves using their tongues. Actually they spend most of their time grooming themselves and always remain clean on their own.
However, there are some cases when your cat requires help in bathing. For example when it falls in dirty water or mud or if it’s a long haired cat and its fur is smelly and oily. In the latter cases, it is important to think about bathing your cat. But how do you go about it bearing in mind that cats are averse to even a small drop of water on them? Here are some dos and don’ts:
- Ensure that the water is slightly warm. Cold water can cause fever on your cat while hot water is harmful to the skin and fur.
- Dip the cat in a shallow basin where water will touch up to its underbelly when immersed standing on water. Hold the cat while your partner gently rubs the cat with a soft cloth dipped in recommended cat shampoo.
- Let the cleaning progress from the head, neck on to the back, side belly down to the bum. Do not ruffle the fur too much, let it be gentle wash.
- Do not dip the whole body of the cat in water especially the head because the cat might get extremely wild. It is also not healthy for the cat.
- Once done with the cleaning, ensure that you rinse your kitty well and ensure all the shampoo is rinsed out. Use a dry towel to dry the fur without too much rubbing so that the skin does not get irritated.
Ensure that the cat is well dry and comfortable. Wash your cat less often. Let it not be a daily routine as you already know a cat has its own way of maintaining cleanliness.
Video clip Score: four / five
Online video Ranking: / 5
Cat is a favorite pet for many people. This can be attributed to its friendly character and its affection towards human beings. Cats like spending most of their times around human beings. They are also clean animals that like living in clean environments. However, if you are thinking of keeping this pet in your home, there are things that you need to know. For a pet to be happy, healthy and affectionate towards you, you must take good care of it.
A cat that is not shown affection by people living around it is likely to escape and start living a neighbor. As such, you have to show this animal that you are concerned about it. This entails feeding it on the right food and also ensuring that it is living in a clean environment. Just like human beings, cats fall sick. If you do not feed it on the right type of food, it is likely to fall sick. This will make it unhappy. You will also spend your time taking it to the vet and taking care of it. Poor feeding will also decreased the life expectancy of your pet. Therefore, avoid feeding your pet on sugary and high-fat foods.
You also need to groom your cat once in a while. Cats know how to groom themselves. That is why most cats are always clean and attractive most of the times. However, if you notice that your cat has long hair and nails, you need to groom it once in a while. You also need to ensure that your cat is free of fleas and other parasites. You can do this by keeping it clean. Your home should also be clean to avoid such parasites from invading your home. Nevertheless, a cat requires minor grooming to remain clean, attractive and happy.